2 Sept 2010

US OPEN • KIM REACHES 3RD ROUND!


Sep. 2 • Kim has won through to the 3rd round of the US Open, after defeating Australian qualifier Sally Peers in straights sets, 6-2 6-1. Although she did not show her best level, Kim went through quite easily and managed to level up her game, especially in the second set. The Australian player will probably remember this match for a long time as she idolized Kim while growing up (see yesterday's post)


Check what Kim had to say about playing an idol:
"I had posters of Steffi Graf and Monica Seles. Probably for other reasons I had posters of Pat Rafter in my room. I remember playing Steffi at Wimbledon, qualifying there and playing her in the third or fourth round. I remember I was so in awe of the name 'Steffi Graf', her being there. Sometimes I couldn't even believe I was walking next to her. It's something you need to experience, it's something that makes you more mature. It was a career-changing moment. It makes you realize those players are just like people. 
"That made me realize she was one of the most professional girls out there. That's what you have to do if you want to get there. It's the hard work and the details that make the difference. I'm interested in seeing how Sally does."

Next for Kim is a 3rd round match against recent Wimbledon semi-finalist Petra Kvitova, the 27th seed and World No.29, who defeated Elena Baltacha in straight sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment