11 Jan 2011

SYDNEY • KIM INTO QUARTERS!


Jan. 11 • Kim has put together another dominant display at the Medibank International Sydney to move  into the quarterfinals with a 6-1 6-4 thumping of Czech Barbora Zahlavova Strycova.

Kim finished the match in 68 minutes – just in time to avoid another rain delay at Sydney Olympic Park.

'In the second set I let her get back into the match a little bit because I wasn't quite as aggressive', Clijsters said. 'She started mixing it up and became more aggressive, but then I played the important points well and was able to break.'



A two-time champion in Sydney (2003 & 2007), Kim will face World No.10 Victoria Azarenka for a spot in the semifinals.

Clijsters and Azarenka have met on 4 previous occasions and the head-to-head stands at 3-1 in favour of the Belgian. In 2010 they faced each other three times and Clijsters won twice (both victories were on hard court).

'I’ve played two official matches [and] I feel good, I feel fit', Kim added.

'I think that’s obviously something that adds a lot to your confidence if you feel good out there. You have no small problems or you don’t feel that physically you’re struggling with any injury, you feel fine.'
'I don’t have to worry about that, so I can really just focus on my tennis. There are still things that I want to work on. Every match you have to work on things and try. There’s never a day where you’re like, "Okay, this is perfect". You always have to keep working and improve and not let it slip away if things are going good.'

No comments:

Post a Comment