14 Mar 2011

INDIAN WELLS • KIM TOUGHS IT OUT


MAR. 14 • In Indian Wells Kim has now reached the 4th round after defeating the Italian Sara Errani in 3 sets 6-3 2-6 6-4.


Clijsters admitted she wasn’t overly pleased with her performance, but drew on the positives. 'I played a tricky player who played a good match, and I was still able to win without being close to coming to my best level', she said. 'That's the positive thing. I also know that for my next match everything will have to be a lot better. That's what my goal will be for that next match, is trying to achieve that.'

Clijsters, who has reached the final in all three of her main draw appearances this season, next plays France’s Marion Bartoli. The No. 15 seed defeated 21st-seeded German Andrea Petkovic 6-4, 6-2.

'Bartoli is a player who hits the ball very fast, likes to play into the court, and also likes girls who play fast', she said. 'I'm going to have to try and mix it up a little bit more. And obviously, she's not a bad mover, but she's not the greatest mover out there, so I'm going to have to really try and go for those lines and make her move and not let her go into the court and dictate and let her use those down the lines too much.'

No comments:

Post a Comment