17 Jun 2012

ROSMALEN • WINNING RETURN FOR KIM

(17 JUNE) It wasn't as easy as her fans could have wished, but Kim eventually prevailed in her 1st round match of the Unicef Open in Rosmalen, defeating Switzerland's Romina Oprandi (5)6-7 6-2 6-3


Kim rushed to a 5-2 lead in the opening set but suddenly lost her momentum, eventually losing the first set in the tie break.

It was then that Kim reacted and started to progressively play better, winning the next two sets quite comfortably.

'It was very close', Kim reacted. 'Oprandi is a difficult player. Fortunately I continued to fight and I stayed focused. The second and third sets went better and better.'
'I enjoy every game that I can play. It's going to be an important summer and maybe it was not my best tennis today, but I'm quite glad I've won.'

Kim will play her 2nd round match on Tuesday and will face Ukraine's Kateryna Bondarenko. Their match is scheduled for a 2.30pm start, local time.

No comments:

Post a Comment